It is the policy of The Hermitage Hotel to employ the most qualified individuals. Promotion from within will be given priority whenever possible thus providing for growth, advancement, and increased responsibility for employees. All candidates are required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Hermitage Hotel is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against associates or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other condition protected by applicable state and federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.
The Hermitage Hotel associates are employed at will. In other words, if employed, you are employed for an indefinite period and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. You may, therefore, terminate your employment at any time for any reason. The at-will nature of employment will not be altered by any oral or written presentation or any representations during the pre-hire interviews, discussions, or recruiting materials.
Opportunities at The Hermitage
Opened in 1910, The Hermitage Hotel has been woven into the history and memories of Nashville and her residents for over 100 years. With a deep respect for Nashville and Tennessee, The Hermitage Hotel is committed to preserving the region's heritage and practicing the traditions that make hospitality synonymous with The South.
The Hermitage Hotel - Tennessee's only Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond hotel - is searching for an experienced hotel Revenue Manager who is committed to enhancing our strong foundation of success.
The Revenue Manager ensures the smooth and efficient operations in the department through prompt, effective and proper reservations service to achieve maximum room revenue to meet or exceed the revenue target.
- Directs hotel revenue team and develops action steps to improve REVPAR performance.
- Complete all required forecasts, daily, weekly, monthly and annually
- Analyze reports to understand future demand forecast and past trends and translate this information to set/adjust strategies leading to increased market share.
- Optimize REVPAR by analyzing/forecasting demand and establishing effective selling strategies, oversell strategies, and optimal market mix, including group, transient, wholesale revenues etc.
- Manage and update current selling strategies and product information in all available distribution channels/reservation sources (onsite, third-party reservation providers, call centers, websites, etc.)
- Conduct ongoing competitor price and product analysis to ensure proper rate positioning and product offering relative to competition
- Active participant in all pricing decisions for transient, group, and wholesale segments.
- Work with the hotel DOS and hotel team to establish strategies to increase revenues
- Review reservation booked daily.
- Review arrival report daily.
- Responsible for preparation of occupancy forecast.
- Work with Sales Department in regards to occupancy, Rates Reservation's Analysis.
- Identify Top Producing Accounts ensure proper recognition by Reservation staff.
- Responsible for various Production reports and supply to each department
- Follows up tentative bookings and update reservation status
- Reviews no-show and cancelled reservations and processes charges according to hotel policy
- Review room blocking for Long Stay. Suites and special group request.
- Maintain cordial relations with commercial clients.
- Able to implement and develop strategies, build action plans and set goals.
- Possess excellent reporting skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proven innovative problem-solving abilities and decision making skills required, in addition to prioritization, and planning skills.
- Strong results oriented mindset; can-do attitude.
- Flexible schedule
- Work in a fast-paced, high volume, stressful environment with multiple distractions
- Present oneself in a neat and professional manner at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a full-service, luxury hotel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Opera and Delphi
- Excellent communication skills: listening, verbal and written
- Must have working knowledge of yield strategy tools.
- 401K with Employer Match
- Profit Share
- Annual Bonus Potential
Hospitality job opportunity at one of Nashville's best luxury hotels. Minimum two years of prior experience in a management or supervisory role in an upscale/luxury hotel housekeeping and laundry environment required. Must speak conversational English. Must be professional in both appearance and demeanor. Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays–no exceptions.
Hospitality job opportunity at one of Nashville's best restaurants. Must be professional in both appearance and demeanor. Prior culinary experience preferred.
Responsible for providing excellence in food service to guests in the Capitol Grille restaurant, the successful candidate must be professional in both appearance and demeanor and must possess excellent people and communication skills. Prior serving experience in a full-service, fine dining restaurant environment strongly preferred. Fluent English required.
Full- and part-time positions available. Must speak conversational English. Must be professional in both appearance and demeanor. Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays–no exceptions.
Must speak conversational English. Prior experience in an upscale venue required. Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays–no exceptions.
Must speak conversational English. Prior experience in an upscale venue preferred.
This is an on-call/part-time position. Must speak conversational English. Prior experience in an upscale venue required.
Must speak fluent English. Prior Banquet Captain experience in an upscale venue required.
Must speak fluent English. Must have excellent communication skills and must be professional in both appearance and demeanor. Must be able to lift 100 lbs. on a frequent basis.
Must be professional in both appearance and demeanor. Must speak fluent English. Prior experience working in an upscale venue preferred.
Must be professional in both appearance and demeanor. Must speak fluent English. Prior experience in an upscale venue preferred.
Must be professional in both appearance and demeanor. Two years of prior experience in a fine dining venue and/or culinary education required. Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays–no exceptions.
Must be proficient in general hotel maintenance. Strong painting skills and relevant experience in HVAC, electrical, and plumbing are required. Additional relevant training/certification is a plus. Prior hotel maintenance experience strongly preferred, though prior apartment/hospital maintenance experience will be considered. Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays–no exceptions.
Minimum 2 years' experience in a management role in an upscale/luxury Hotel Rooms and/or Guest Services environment required.